martes, 8 de noviembre de 2022

HOLIDAYS

Henry’s holidays

HENRY: Violet, I've got great news!
VIOLET: What is it? Are you going back to Sandown? That's not good news for me.
HENRY: No, I'm not. It's much better than that! Dad wants us to spend a few days in Sandown this summer holiday. Dad said we can go there before going on our secret trip.
VIOLET: Are you? That's great!
HENRY: When I say we, I mean dad, Hannah, you and me, I want you to come with us!
VIOLET: What are you talking about, Henry? I can't go anywhere on vacation this year. My dad says I have to stay at home and study.
HENRY: My dad phoned your mum yesterday. He told her that we want you to come with us to visit my grandma in Sandown.
VIOLET: What did my mum say? Did she say yes?
HENRY: Well... She said you can go if you pass the Maths and Science tests.
VIOLET: So, I'm not going anywhere. Maths and Science are too hard.
HENRY: Violet, I've got a plan! We've got the Maths test next Tuesday and the Science one is next Friday. That means that we've got seven days to prepare for Maths and nine days to study for Science.
VIOLET: I really want to pass those tests, Henry, but it's impossible.
HENRY: No, it isn't. We can meet at the library every afternoon after school and study together. I talked to Sally and she wants to help us.
VIOLET: Henry, I don't want to disappoint you!
HENRY: Violet, stop being so pessimistic! You're always telling me to be more optimistic and look at you now!
VIOLET: Ok, when do we start?
HENRY: We've got a meeting with Sally today right after school, we can start with some Maths problems.
VIOLET: Fun!
HENRY: Violet, don't you want to come to Sandown with us?


 
He wants to visit his mum in China.

 









 
ANSWERS:
1c
2c
3b
4c
5c 
 
Copyright 2009 WE SPEAK ENGLISH TOO. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree