lunes, 6 de mayo de 2024

AT THEDOCTOR'S OFFICE


At the Doctor's Office




        

TRANSCRIPT FOR THE 1ST CONVERSATION: Doctor: Hello Mr. Phillips, take a seat! Patient: Thank you! D: Now, what seems to be the problem? P: I'm not feeling very well. I've got a terrible stomachache and I keep throwing up. D: Have you had any diarrhea? P: No, I haven't. D: How long have you been feeling like this? P: Since late last night! D: Do you know if you are allergic to anything? P: No, not that I know of. D: What have you eaten recently? P: Well, my two children cooked dinner for my wife and me last night. It was our wedding anniversary, you see, and they wanted to surprise us. D: It was a nice thought. What did you have? P: Well, I'm not sure what it was actually. Some sort of seafood and pasta dish. They spent a long time cooking it, so you know, I felt I had to eat it. It wasn't very nice to be honest. My wife hardly ate any, so I ate hers, too. D: Okay, I think you've got food poisoning. The best thing to do is to rest and don't eat anything for the next 24 hours. After that you can eat things like bread or rice, but no milk or cheese. P: Right. D: And drink lots of water, or black tea with a little sugar in. P: Okay! Do I need to make another appointment? D: No, I'm sure you'll be fine. But come back if you're not feeling better in two days. P: Thanks a lot! D: And maybe tell your children that you want to go to a restaurant next year. P: Yes I will! Goodbye! D: Goodbye!
 
Copyright 2009 WE SPEAK ENGLISH TOO. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree